Cross Border Tax-VAT for Your International Business
With the ever-changing world of local VAT compliance and endless rules and regulations, businesses often face difficulties when trying to expand their activities across global. We have created a wide range of e-commerce and VAT services to give you the peace of mind to grow your business abroad.
In 2021, the EU and the UK introduced new rules impacting the collection and reporting of VAT by online marketplaces and their sellers. These new rules have been introduced to level the playing field between local and overseas online sellers and to make sure that VAT is collected on sales made to local customers. It means that, under certain circumstances, the online marketplace is now responsible for collecting the VAT at the point of sale and making sure it is paid to the right tax authority. Many sellers will also have new responsibilities and if they are non-compliant then the marketplace may become jointly and severally liable for the VAT. Similar regulations came into effect in the UK with a per package threshold of £135.
To help address these new rules, we’ve launched a service that is designed to enable marketplace sellers to register for VAT and file monthly, thus equipping online marketplaces with the right tools to help them remain compliant.
E-commerce VAT Services & VAT Registration
Our service is specifically designed to help online marketplaces meet the new VAT
regulatory requirements by enabling their sellers to register and file for VAT.
We give our clients best advice on all aspects of UK and global VAT & customs duty, whether you are a global head of indirect tax or a sole trader we help to reduce the cost of VAT and duties, simplify procedures and ensure compliance.
TBA Global VAT Registration allows you to register for VAT in over 70 countries, with an easy-to-manage process workflow.
- Quickly and easily register for VAT in over 70 countries, saving time better used for other tasks
- Sell into all 27 EU member states with a single VAT registration, get your IOSS number, and reduce your reporting requirements
- Get a clear picture of your outstanding registration tasks with an easy-to-use dashboard
If you have a business that sells goods or services to consumers within the EU, then you may need to register for EU VAT in each country you sell into.
TBA Global products will help ensure compliance doesn’t slow your growth, by futureproofing your business to adapt to changing legislation.
- Get fiscal representation where required and let TBA Global manage your filing with regional authorities in local languages, so you can keep trading and growing
- Take new and evolving e-invoicing requirements in your stride without having to make huge technological changes
- Stay updated on changing requirements, respond to new rules, and let automation shoulder the burden of regional compliance differences
For businesses of all sizes, TBA Global Returns & Reporting helps reduce the complexity of international expansion with automated compliance.
- Stay compliant in the U.K. and EU by meeting all HMRC Making Tax Digital obligations, and using Avalara IOSS solution to keep selling into the EU
- Grow with confidence by adopting technology that scales with your increasing liabilities, and automates the VAT returns process
- Get the best possible way of working, with the choice of either outsourcing returns to our experts or managing internally
TBA Global will calculate and display VAT-exclusive pricing on your offers, as well as calculate the applicable VAT associated with your orders at checkout. Note that, any changes to your product tax code assignments may take up to 24 hours to take effect when displaying VAT exclusive price on the product detail pages.
- Stay informed and follow rate changes with real-time updates from a comprehensive database
- Save time, costs, and resources by integrating with your existing systems
- Calculate VAT, GST, or sales tax quickly and more accurately to preserve your ongoing compliance wherever you do business
A compliance check is a formal investigation into your tax affairs to make sure your tax return is correct and/or to check that any payments made by the company are for the right amount and are paid on time.
The EORI number (Economic Operators’ Registration and Identification number) is an operator identification number that is valid throughout the European Union and replaces the German customs number. Since Regulation (EC) No 312/2009 amending provisions for the implementation of the Customs Code came into force on 1 July 2009, this number is a prerequisite for customs clearance in the European Union.
How does it work?
Our technology platform and experienced accountants will help you to meet the specific requirements of your, and your sellers, compliance obligations. Once the system is set-up, your sellers would then follow the below steps for VAT registration and monthly filings.
As part of our onboarding process, you will be required to provide details and documents to prove their identity as part of ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) checks. You will also need to agree to our terms and conditions.
We’ll then help you through the process of registration for your selected countries. Once this process is complete, we will provide you with their VAT number.
We’ll be working busily in the background to create your sellers monthly VAT Filings.
If your sellers are expanding and need to be registered in additional countries, they can simply email us and we’ll have them set-up and ready to trade.